What is Teqball?
Teqball is a combination between football, table tennis and foot volleyball. It is played on a table that looks a lot like a table tennis table. The only difference is that Teqball tables are round. The aim is to get the ball across with your foot or head to score a point. Place the ball in a way that makes it difficult for the opponent to handle the ball and play it back. You can play both 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 in Teqball and it is very good for your technique.
For the origins of this upcoming sport, we go back to 2012. The origins of Teqball are in Budapest. In Budapest, they figured out a way how to make a table tennis table suitable for a game of football. This was not easy and people spent two years developing a Teqball table.
Several prototypes followed and in 2014 the first official Teqball table was introduced. The World Cup in 2017 and the creation of 100 international Teqball federations followed. The new goal is the 2032 Olympic Games.
The rules of Teqball can be divided into the basic rules, service and point scoring.
- Within 3 ball contacts, the ball must return to the opponent’s half;
- It is not allowed to touch the ball twice in a row with the same body part;
- The player may not touch the table or cross the boundary of the net;
- During doubles, the ball must be passed at least once.
- Service may be taken by throwing the ball up from the hands to the part of the body with which you wish to serve;
- The ball may not touch the net;
- Service may be made twice;
- On a double fault, the point goes to the opponent;
- Service is changed every 4 points.
- Point counting is according to a rally point system;
- A set goes to 20 winning points;
- In case of a draw, the game continues until a difference of 2 points;
- A match is won by winning 2 sets.
Its popularity in the Netherlands is increasing. The sport is being played more and more, and there seems to be no stopping it. After the sport was invented in Budapest, it has now come to the Netherlands. The sport’s popularity is growing partly because of the huge attention it is getting from professional footballers and Europe’s best-known football clubs, which are purchasing Teqball en masse.
In the Netherlands, we see more and more football clubs and municipalities capitalising on Teqball’s popularity. Teqball is a simple and accessible sport that can therefore be played by multiple target groups. An addition for every multifunctional sports accommodation.
We sell three different Teqball tables, each with its own features and specifications.
The Teqball One is Teqball’s official match table. The table has received the “Red Dot Design Award” and the “ISPO Innovation Award”. The Teqball One is hufterproof and therefore also suitable for furnishing public spaces. In addition, the table is UV-resistant and waterproof. For a club, it is also possible to design the table to match the club colours.
Unlike the Teqball One, the Teqball Smart is foldable and mobile. This makes this Teqball table suitable for multifunctional spaces. The table can also be used outdoors.
Compared to the other Teqball tables, the Teqball Lite is the most mobile table. This table is the easiest to fold and move because it is also somewhat lighter than the other variants. The table can be used indoors and outdoors.